Saturday, February 27, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- the stomach flu has visited your family for the second time in three weeks. And the second time it hit twice as hard and dirtied twice as many sheets.
- and when said stomach flu came through the second time and your carelessly placed bottle of Clorox Clean-up...yeah, the stuff with the real bleach in it- gets picked up by your two year old. And that two year old takes it and sprays the entire bathroom vanity and mirror and his clothes with it in the process. And then takes it in his bedroom and sprays his dresser with it....which happens to have a drawer cracked open and he ruins at least 4 articles of clothing. And to add insult to injury....your seven year old WATCHED it all unfold.
- your husband has been gone for five days and you barely slept at night thanks to the aforementioned stomach flu and the fact that you don't feel safe in your own home when he is gone.
- homeschooling your children makes you crazy. Being responsible for yet one more aspect of their health and well being makes you want to curl up in the fetal position and cry.
- you can hear all of your children sniffling, signaling a round of colds coming to the family.
- you can barely afford to put gas in your van or buy the groceries you need after you pay the bills...let alone pay a sitter or go out on a date so that you can maintain some form of sanity and relationship with your husband.
- the stomach flu made it so you can't go to your financial class so that you can have enough money to pay your bills AND buy groceries and gas.
- you have been away with your husband overnight once in five years and that reality alone makes you want to run away.
- you have lived in a place for five years and still are visiting churches. And now when you think of Sunday you get a giant knot in your stomach instead of that joy you used to have.
- doing the same drudgery seems like it just might kill you.
- you think, "this is NOT the life I signed up for."
- you put your kids to bed and feel you FAILED...capital F. You yelled, you pouted, you slammed things....you acted...sinful.
- you failed at your diet AGAIN.
- and you wake up the next day...and there it all is...again.
SO, you see....some days...STINK. Some WEEKS stink. And I could end this blog with the up note...you know, the one where spirituality shows up and reminds you how you will miss this someday (BLEH...I will NOT miss some of this) or how God is so good or how blessed you are to have such a great family. But, some days...you want to kick the cat. And that's how today feels.